[Zope] Authentication

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 12:11:06 +0100

At 7:51 pm +0100 9/10/99, Phil  Harris wrote:
>kedai,
>
>To my understanding, once a user is authenticated the AUTHENTICATED_USER
>object is available everywhere the user goes.
>
>I hope I'm right as my new site depends on it, ;¬)
>
>Phil
>phil@philh.org

I'm having a few 'weirdies' with it Phil.
I'm authenticating at the top level with the domain hack that Martijn
described (ie AnonUser domain = *.*.*.*). At a level below I
authenticate Newcastle User (NclUser, domain = *.ncl.ac.uk). This
works fine. However, I also authenticate against a UserDB object for
people who need to upload objects. I find that methods at the top
level get the NclUser authentication rather than the 'tone'
authentication that UserDB provides. At least that's what I *think*
is happening...

I don't have a workaround I'm afraid. My long term goal is to have
everyone authenticate against UserDB.

hth
tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2