[Zope] list of naive questions

bruce@perens.com bruce@perens.com
10 Oct 1999 23:24:41 -0000

I have read the ZDG. I'm not a Python or Zope expert. Here are a few
things I haven't figured out:

I have a ZClass Product. I see that I can give some of its DTML
methods proxies using globaly-defined roles. I don't see how to create
Product-specific roles and export them with the product. Thus, I am only
able to set proxies to the roles of "manager", "owner", and "anonymous",
which don't really know anything about my product-specific permissions.
If I create a user folder in the product, it's sort of half-visible in the
instance - I doubt that's what I want.

How do you call a ZClass factory from DTML, and how do you pass the container
object? Or do you simply not use the factory and just call the same things it
calls, from your program?

How does an object access its container? I have an object with ObjectManager
as one of its base classes. That object contains other objects. The objects
it contains want to access properties of the container.

	Thanks

	Bruce