[Zope] <dtml-with> Question

Sascha Matzke Sascha Matzke <sascha@bespin.de>
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 02:06:34 +0200

Hello,

On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 05:30:18PM -0400, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> > I have an variable named item with the value "Desk.Test.index_html".
>
> Storing a string representation to an object is generally not as useful
> as just storing a reference to it.

I tried this.

Let me describe the situation.

I have two ZClasses ImageItem and Article. An Article can use one ore
more ImageItems. As ImageItems can be reused by various Articles, they
are stored in a central place.

Now I want to know if an ImageItem is used by an Article. I want
Articles to register themselves at the ImageItems they use.

My first simple thought was to store the path of the Article and then
reference it by <dtml-with> (which doesn't work as I expected).

Sascha
--
.-> Sascha Matzke - sascha@bespin.de - http://www.bespin.de -.
|   Eure Moral, Eure MGs werden nicht ewig regier'n...       |