[Zope] Authentication

Jay, Dylan djay@lucent.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:32:18 +1000

This is true for cookie based authentication such as in UserDB however it is
NOT true for basic authentication (ie normal acl_user folder). Basic
authentication will only send authentication info when an area is
restricted. ie any areas that an anonymous user can view will have
AUTHENTICATED_USER set to "Anonymous User". There is nothing that can be
done about this unless you resort to cookies or someother user session
method (a BIG gap missing in Zope).