[Zope] Turn static HTML dynamic?

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:54:57 +0200

At 14:18 11/10/99 , User Webteam wrote:
>Hi!
>
>We´re thinking about using Zope for our University website. Now we face
>following problem:
>We need a simple solution for people who don´t want to care about DTML
>to publish their documents using Composer or similar WYSIWYG tools.
>These documents should be rendered with some standard HTML-code
>(navigation and the like). Is there any possibility to do this without
>having to teach everyone <dtml-var> etc.? We tested various things
>(access rules) but in the best case we end up with nested <html> tags.
>Unfortunately, we have no python experts here and we´re not learning
>fast enough to present a solution within time.
>
>Some background info: we have to ensure that virtually erveryone here
>has a simple way to put information on the net. Most of these people
>have little or no HTML knowledge but use Composer, HotMetal or even word
>to create their documents. So it seems unacceptable to our bosses to
>bother anyone with manipulating sources. We would really like to use
>Zope because of its great management features, user management and
>expandibility (and its price ;-), so any hints would be highly
>appreciated.

You could just create a ZClass that will allow people to add plain text
items. You then format this item by converting linebreaks to <BR> tags.

The Zope.org site uses such an object, it's called the Formatted Document I
believe. Just set up a membership account, and experiment. It also allows
you to use Structured Text and HTML.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer