[Zope] Can't add "date" property to new ZClass

Dr. Ross Lazarus rossl@med.usyd.edu.au
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:11:16 +1000

It's a mildly annoying "feature" - you need to put a default date -
2000/01/01 will work fine. Instances must be created with a date in that
field. Sometimes I think it's easier to leave them as strings....same
goes for int fields - must have a default.,"loren stafford"
<lstaffor-@icompression.com> wrote: ,original
article:http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/?start=14438,> I'm creating a
brand new ZClass (called "PDFClass"). It's my first ZClass.,> I've just
added the Common Instance Property Sheet (called "PDFProperties").,> Now
I'm trying to add properties to that property sheet. I added one,>
"string" property OK, but now when I add the "date" property "pub_date",
I,> get this error:,> Invalid Date-Time String: Sorry, an error
occurred,> ,> Of course, the value is invalid -- I didn't put any value
in the "Value",> box, because this is a class property, and values only
make sense when the,> class is instantiated, right?,> ,> Is this Zope's
problem or mine?
--

Dr Ross Lazarus
Associate Professor and Sub-Dean for Information Technology