[Zope] __ac_name and __ac_password

Phil Harris phil@philh.org
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:26:25 +0100

Johan,

The variables/objects you name are used as part of the UserDB product, this
product allows you to authenticate against a RDBMS instead of the
user-folders as you normally would.

It has a few more advantages such as cookie based authentication etc.

HTH

Phil
phil@philh.org

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Johan
Carlsson
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 1999 11:34 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] __ac_name and __ac_password

  Hi,
  I notised that the www.zope.org site
  uses the properties __ac_name and __ac_password
  for form-based userauthentication.
  After not finding anything like that in my
  Zope 2.0.1 installation I assumed its part
  of the Portal Toolkit Member function?

  Can anyone confirm that? And when may we
  see the Member function released?

  Best Regards,
  Johan Carlsson

  torped