[Zope] From SQL query to dtml-tree, anyone?

Steen Suder sfs@sciatl.dk
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:59:52 +0000

In my growing IT intranet app, I'd like to generate a tree based on one
or more SQL queries.

Purpose:
Creating a notepad tree (which ressembles the Windows programme Treepad,
which is a sort of notepad organizer) to be used by IT staff for
destroying the Post-IT plague.

Question:
How do I handle data from one or more queries into a dtml-tree?

One of my preliminary ideas was two tables in the db, one with the
note-nodes and parentID in it and another with ID and childrenID's in
it. Then simply query from tree root and out, a bit like working in
linked lists.

I'd appreciate any input on this idea.

I'd prefer to have the data outside Zope in a SQL db due to other (and
important) purposes.

--
Best regards / Mvh.,
Steen Suder