[Zope] ZClass wierdness

Cayce Ullman c_ullman@yahoo.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:19:26 -0700 (PDT)

I've been experimenting with Zope, for a few
days now.  I have been writing a fantasy basketball
tracking site for a friend of mine.  I am having
a few problems with Zclasses.  I am trying to
change a property of a ZClass then clone it.
Everything works, except the cloned copy does not
have the latest changed value.

Here is my code :

<!--#var standard_html_header-->

<dtml-with "_.getattr(AllPlayers,player)">
<dtml-call
"setAttr('Drafted',_.getattr(AllPlayers,'draft_round'))">
</dtml-with>

<dtml-with
"_.getattr(Teams,AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName())">
<dtml-call
"manage_clone(_.getattr(AllPlayers,player),_['player'],
REQUEST)">
</dtml-with>

<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

The setAttr method is an external method I wrote
for setting attributes, since I can't seem to
get the manage_changeProperties to work for a ZClass.
(I've heard others are having the same problem)
The Drafted property is set on the original object
and unset on the cloned one.  I can't figure this
out.

Thanks,

Cayce

=====