[Zope] Need help trying to add objects to a Object Manager ZClass

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:33:10 -0600

"Jay, Dylan" wrote:

> I'm at my wits end with this one. ZClasses are driving me crazy.
>
> I want to have an instance of a ZClass for one Confera Topic in it. I
> subclass Object Manager to do this. I added Confera Topic to the list of
> allowable subobjects. When I try to add a Confera Topic however it adds it
> to the parent. In fact it doesn't even do that. This ZClass lives in another
> ZClass and the Confera Topic is added in the folder above the ZClass
> heirachy.
>
> I'm thinking that it is something to do with permissions but I'm at a loss.
> Pasting a Topic into an instance works but it just won't add it there.
>
> Can anyone help?

You need to inherit from Folder as well.
This one bit me last week. :-|

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl