[Zope] Need help trying to add objects to a Object Manager ZC lass

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:09:05 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Jay, Dylan wrote:

> > You need to inherit from Folder as well.
> > This one bit me last week. :-|
>
> This doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening????? I'm
> really starting to think ZClasses are just a complete waste of time.

I think what is happening is the following:
    Some objects think of themselves as 'methods'. If you ask them for
    this(), they will report their container object.

    Other objects, like folder, report themselves when asked for this().

    If you are inheriting from multiple baseclasses, the order will be
    significant. Try making folder the first object in the list
    you inherit from.  If this doesn't work, try making it the last
    (I don't know if the top of the list or the bottom will take precedance).

 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
  // E N  Senior Systems Alchemist      Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
 //__     Computer Science, RMIT 	 WWW: http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~zen