[Zope] Zope a good solution for this?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:15:22 -0400 (EDT)

John P. Corradi writes:
>clumsy (these are long lists), but it's also not interactive.  Ideally,
>we'd like to display the data as a hierarchical tree, allowing expansion
>and collapse of each node ...

We've done something similar for browsing through a database of
processes (http://www.mems-exchange.org/z/process/).  However, our
database is a bunch of Python objects, not a set of tables in a
relational database.  I wouldn't expect it to be too difficult, mostly
a matter of writing objects with the right methods for the tree tag.

The greatest gift that Oxford gives her sons is, I truly believe, a genial
irreverence toward learning, and from that irreverence love may spring.
    -- Robertson Davies, "Shakespeare over the Port"