[Zope] Permission Question

Dan Rusch drusch@globalcrossing.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:32:01 -0500

Is it me or is it Zope?

I have a directory structure something like this:

root
  level1
    level2
      level3

In level2 I have an acl_users folder which I have defined a user "joe"

joe doesn't seem to be able to login in (he logins in at
http://www.somedomain.com/level1/level2)

joe sees a login screen, therefore we know he has the correct url, but
when he types in his User Name and Password he gets an Authorization
Failed Screen.

If I define joe in the root's acl_users folder then he can log in.

Does this mean that all users must be defined in the root, and therefore
all roles must also be defined in the root? Oh please let this not be
true!

DR