[Zope] zope vs. siteserver from ms.siteserver newsgroup

Terrel Shumway tshumway@ics.uci.edu
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:42:42 -0700

I cannot imagine an *intranet* site that gets 10 M-hits per day.

If you really want that kind of traffic, look at AOL server, which
uses the same fast asynchronous I/O model that medusa is
built on.  Also note that AOL Server is to TCL what Zope/Medusa
is to Python: in both cases much of the work is done by a "slow"
interpreted language.

AOL claims that their servers (how many?) collectively handle
28,000 hits *per second*. I was impressed.

Here is an idea: replace ZServer with AOLServer and see what Zope can do.