[Zope] Future of Zope

Ian Clarke I.Clarke@strs.co.uk
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:30:30 +0100

> Preferably by using XML-RPC.
> It just stroke me that using XML-RPC as the
> communication layer between any client tool
> and Zope would be the best way to separate
> client-logic from Zope-logic.
>
> Is that a good idee?

It sounds good to me but then I am a Zope newbie.  Certainly it would be
better to have a generic "automatic" interface to the Zope database,
than one for Java, one for (perhaps) a Windows app, etc etc.

> Are there any free JavaScript implementations of
> a XML-RPC client out there?

If by JavaScript you mean Java (Javascript is the somewhat crappy
language that can be embedded in HTML - Java is the cool language from
which Applets are made) then I am sure the answer is yes - XML is well
supported on Java.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke                        Email: I.Clarke@strs.co.uk