[Zope] ZClass containing another ZClass

Tom Schwaller Tom.Schwaller@linux-magazin.de
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:48:22 +0000

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> At 10:07 18/10/99 , Itamar wrote:
> >ZClass Container inherits from ObjectManager.  I add inside the
> >aforementioned ZClass another ZClass - ZClass Thingie.  I want
> >Containers to hold Thingies, so I go to the Subobjects tab of the
> >Container ZClass - and Thingies are not in the list of objects.
> >
> >Once again, I must be doing something wrong.
>
> No, Thingies, if they have a factory object, are automatically addable to
> the container.

Why do they not show up in the subobjects tab then?

Itamar: Is what you wrote the following (because it seems to
be the same problem I asked 2 hours ago and I just want
to be shure we speak of the same thing :-))

Product--+--ZClassContainer -- other Classes
         `--ZClassThingie

and you want ZClassThingie to show up in the Subobjects tab
of ZClassContainer?

Zope masters, tell us the magic words :-)

--

Tom