[Zope] Bug in nested ZClasses

Hunter Kelly retnuh@oniva.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:52:39 +0100

There seems to be a bug in nested ZCLasses.
I think the action property for factories of nested ZClasses is being
set
incorrectly.

Simple recipe:

Create  a new product ("FooProd")
Create a ZCLass that is an Object Manager, let's say "Foo".
In that ZClass, create another ZClass ("Bar").
In the Subobjects menu of FooClass, add File and Foo, just for
comparison's sake.

Create an instance of Foo somewhere.  On it's contents page, trying
to add a Bar is totally broken.

Here's the relevant bit of generated HTML:

<TABLE ALIGN="LEFT">
<TR>
<TD VALIGN="MIDDLE">
  To add a new item, select an item type
  <NOSCRIPT>and click &quot;Add&quot;</NOSCRIPT>.
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD VALIGN="MIDDLE">
  <FORM ACTION="http://opal:8080/FooInst/" METHOD="GET">
  <SELECT NAME=":method"
ONCHANGE="location.href=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value">
    <OPTION value="manage_workspace" DISABLED>Available Objects
      <OPTION value="BarClass_factory">Bar
      <OPTION value="manage_addProduct/OFSP/fileAdd">File
      <OPTION value="manage_addProduct/FooProd/FooClass_factory">Foo
    </SELECT>
  <NOSCRIPT><INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE=" Add "></NOSCRIPT>
  </FORM>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

For Bar, I am assuming that the value should be something like
value="manage_addProduct/FooProd/FooClass/BarClass_factory"

instead of just
value="BarClass_factory"

Anyone have any thoughts?  Could this be a permissions thing,
or is this a real bug?

Thanks,

Hunter