[Zope] Subject: [Zope] Disabling buttons

Kevin Howe khowe@performance-net.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:55:03 -0300

>I'm taking over an app that uses a bunch of client side Java. The only
>reason I can see it uses Java is because it allows you to build logic
>like "if this radio button is selected, this checkbox is disabled." If
>there was a way to do this in a combination of DTML and Javascript then
>the app could use just those technologies. Has anyone got a demo of
>something like that? I can think of fairly convoluted ways to do it --
>is there a straightforward way?
> Paul Prescod

Hi Paul,

this can easily be done using HTML 4.0 and Javascript.
In HTML 4.0, form elements have a new property "DISABLED" which does just
that. Since Javascript has access to all form properties, it is easy to
create a Javascript which says "if this radio button is selected, this
checkbox is disabled."

If you'd like examples I remember seeing several tutorials on
www.javascripts.com .
Below is a simple form with some DISABLED elements in it.

Example Form - a DISABLED selectlist and a DISABLED checkbox.
------------------
<form>
    Diabled Select:
    <select name=SELECT DISABLED>
        <option>a
        <option>b
        <option>c
    </select>
    Disabled Check:
    <input type=checkbox name=CHECK DISABLED>
</form>