[Zope] Using "global" images in /root/subfolder

Stefan Hoffmeister Stefan.Hoffmeister@Econos.de
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 05:58:49 +0200

Let's assume the following structure of a site

  /root
     /global_images
        mail_png
        link_png

     /content
        some_content  (DTML document)

In some_content, I would like to use something to the effect of

  <dtml-var mail_png>

to take advantage of the image "mapping" provided by Zope. But how can I
address mail_png?

The goal is to address a few global images from any location on the site
with the least amount of work possible. I am as far as

  <dtml-var globalImage>

in "some_content". "globalImage" is a DTML document in /root that contains

  <dtml-var graphics.mail_png>

to directly access the image. For the less interesting parts

<dtml-var "graphics.mail_png">

<dtml-with "graphics">
  <dtml-var "mail_png">
</dtml-with>

<dtml-with "graphics">
  <dtml-with "_.namespace(AName='mail_png')">
    <dtml-var "mail_png">
  </dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

<dtml-with "graphics">
  <dtml-with "_.namespace(AName='mail_png')">
    <dtml-var "_['AName']">
  </dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

works, but unfortunately,

    <dtml-var "_['AName']">

emits "mail_png" as the *text*, not the image. IOW, I am stuck.
Oh, I have no clue how to pass a parameter to the DTML document, so that I
can say

  <dtml-var name="globalImage(AName='mail_png')">
  <dtml-var name="globalImage(AName='link_png')">

or whatever works.

Please be gentle and explicit. I have next to no idea about Zope and
Python and am just trying to "port" an existing static web site to Zope to
get started.

Thanks!