[Zope] Dynamically Accessing Subfolders

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:22:30 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: James W. Howe <jwh@allencreek.com>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 5:56 PM
Subject: [Zope] Dynamically Accessing Subfolders

>Is there a method that I can call for a folder which will give me it's
>subfolder names?  I'm assuming that if there was such a method, I could use
>a dtml-in tag to iterate over the results.  If there is such a method, what
>does it return and how could I use that information to send a message to
>each subfolder in turn?

The method you're looking for is objectValues or objectIds.

You could do this:

<dtml-in "objectValues('Folder')">
 <dtml-with sequence-item>
  <dtml-var myName>
 </dtml-with>
</dtml-in>

This objectValues will return a list of Folder objects that are contained
within the current Folder. These are the objects themselves, which is why
you can then just go ahead and use dtml-with. The objectIds method returns
the IDs of the subobjects. I think someone may have recently written a howto
about these methods.

Kevin

p.s. It's good to see others in Ann Arbor using Zope!