[Zope] ANN: SiteAccess v0.1.0 (virtual hosting works!)

Joshua Brauer joshua@brauer.org
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:44:15 -0600

Virtual hosting continues to work (mostly). See for example:

	www.fcfumc.org
	www.fortmac.org
	www.mountainwest.org

Each is a folder in a single Zope instance. The problem is with directories being repeatedly put in the path. so you get www.mountainwest.org/MountainWest/MountainWest/MountainWest this *generally* doesn't affect much, but it does mess up Zcatalog as it catalogs objects several times. SiteAccess will (as I understand it) solve this problem. The above sites use Apache/PCGI to do the virtual hosting.

At 7:58 AM +0000 10/20/99, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Evan Simpson wrote:
> > A new version of SiteAccess is up at
> > http://zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess, and I've successfully used it
> > for Virtual Hosting.  See the info page at the site for an example.
>
>   What is the status of work on virtual hosting in Zope community? I
>tested Andreas patch (http://www.mtg.co.at/projects/subhosting) and found
>it a little poor; I tested VirtulFolder patch - it damaged my installation,
>so I have to reinstall. I'll test SiteAccess. Are there other projects? (I
>think I'll attack the problem a bit later if I coudn't find adequate solution).
>
>Oleg.

		Joshua Brauer
	              joshua@brauer.org
	          http://www.brauer.org