[Zope] (X)Emacs messes files?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:26:09 -0400

This is Emacs.  By default when emacs saves a file, it first renames the
original file and puts a ~ at the end and then saves the new file, which
to Zope looks like a totally new file.  Since Zope cannot determine
whether or not you intend this content to be a method or a document.

To supress this behavior with XEmacs, use

(setq efs-make-backup-files nil)

I'm assuming ange-ftp has some similar option.

-Michel