[Zope] UserDb appending username and password in URL

James Punteney jamesp@mmgco.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:08:08 -0700

Hello,

I got the UserDb set up and working, and it works great.  So thank you to
those of you who have worked on it, and helped me out.  I am having one
problem though once a user has logged in their username and password are
passed in the URL like this:
http://www.myserver.com:8080/mmg/?__ac_name=user&__ac_password=password&subm
it=Login

where "user" is the username and "password" is the users password.  For
obvious reasons I would prefer that it not show this.  I've looked at the
source of the UserDb.py, but as I'm new to Python I don't feel all that
comfortable messing with the code.  So, does anybody know how to get rid of
the user name and password in the URL?

Thanks for the help,
--James