[Zope] Distributing product "unmangled"

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:37:40 -0400

These are products developed through the web, not written in Python.
The .dat file contains pickles of your products components.

> while all other products that I have downloaded so far
> contain the "raw",
> "unmangled" material, e.g.
>
>    __init__.py
>    addRedirector_form.dtml
>    manageRedirector.dtml
>    VERSION.TXT

These are products developed in Python, not through the web.  Your
products components consist of Python code and other artifacts (such as
files containg DTML code).

> What am I missing (and how do I get rid of this "mangling")?

There really isn't any mangling going on, it's no possible for Zope to
generate Python code or assume file names or anything else like that.
When you develop a product through the web, you are organizing a set of
objects, and the only thing Zope know how to do to distribute these
objects is to package them up into pickles.

-Michel