[Zope] Having problems mirroring a Zope site with wget

Itai Tavor itavor@bigpond.net.au
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:31:31 +1000

Hi,

I need to create a static copy of a Zope site. I dealt with all the
basic nuisances like using .html instead of _html, adding .gif/.jpeg
to images, etc. and it works fine, except for 2 problems:

1. Images retain their full URL. wget downloads and stores images in
the right places on the static copy, but doesn't modify the SRC from
"http://my.zope.site:8080/some/path/image.gif". Is there a wget
option I'm missing that will deal with this?

2. I'm using the VirtualHostFolder product to serve sub sites from a
single Zope server. wget on a virtual site works fine, except for
images. Given the following Zope site:

/
    subsite/ - VirtualHostFolder
       index.html
       images/
           some_image.gif
       some_folder/
            index.html
           images/
               another_image.gif

wget http://subsite.zope.server:8080/ creates the following:

/
    index.html
    some_folder/
       index.html
    subsite/
       images/
          some_image.gif
       some_folder/
          images/
             another_image.gif

And, again, wget fails to change the image SRC from the full URL.
Again, it looks like the only way around it would be some wget trick
I can't think of.

The wget command I'm using is
wget -r -nv -nH --no-parent http://zope.server:8080/subsite/index.html

Thanks,
Itai
--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --