[Zope] Adding CatalogAware objects with the desired path

Geir B Hansen geirh@funcom.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:53:39 +0200

> > The object is created just fine, but what gets added to the Catalog
is:
> > /Folder/Object1/Folder/Object2
> >
> > Understandably so... but is there a way to have the object added
appear in
> > the Catalog as:
> > /Folder/Object2??

[snip]
 I have a feeling that it's actually the _ namespace that needs to
> > change, but I'm not sure what kind of change would do what is
needed...
[snip]

I'm having similar problems, where i get :
"Error Type: ValueError
Error Value: Uncatalog of absent id "
when i call "reindex-object" while creating a new instance of my
Zclass..

Seems to me that this has to do  with the same URL/namespace-phenomenon
as the Catalog tries to reindex a Zclass-instance that is not really
there...

          Geir B Hansen
      geirh@funcom.com
Web-designer / Graphic artist