[Zope] Zcatalog and PrincipiaSearchSource with Zclasses ?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:43:48 -0400

The Catalog can full text search on any property.  PrincipiaSearchSource
is just a 'stock' method.  You can use any method you want.

> It seems, though, that this doesn't work with Zclass-instances..

Sure it does.

> Is there any way to do a full text search of Zclass instances ??

Yep.

> for example i'd like to be able to search among my 'newsdoc'
> instances,
> not only by title, author or content, but with a single
> form-field.. Is
> this possible ??

Sure, why not just impliment a DTML Method in your ZClass called
PrincipiaSearchSource that returns what you want indexed?

<dtml-return "title + author + body">

-Michel