[Zope] Editing downloaded + installed product?

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:59:14 -0600

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Stefan Hoffmeister <Stefan.Hoffmeister@Econos.de> wrote:

> > 19 seconds delay, combined with the "manual" action of shutting down
> > the server + starting it up again - I perceive that as an eternity.

Why manually? Why not go to the Control panel and select restart?
Works great for me on several servers.

> > What do I do in these 19 seconds?
>
> You catch up on Zope mail -- what else? :)  FWIW, it takes my (almost empty)
> ZServer about 3.5 seconds to restart on Linux.  You might try packing the
> database, perhaps?

One of my servers resides on an HP C3000, restarts in <5 seconds, with a
Data.fs file of ~4MB.

I would second the reccomendation to pack the database.

Bill

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl