[Zope] Editing downloaded + installed product?

Ian Blenke icblenke@2c2.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 22:13:40 -0400

I'm running Zope at home on a dual-celeron 500 with a RAID array
and a large data.fs (approaching 1.5gb). Whenever I need to stop
or restart Zope it takes between 5 and 10 minutes to finish.

Imagine embedding Microsoft XLS, Word, Visio, or any other form
of native file within a ZODB objectstore (for an Intranet
application)... How big can your data.fs store grow before it
takes *hours* to roll forward transactions to quiesce Zope into
a running state?

How much pain are you willing to put up with before you drop
versions and undo's to eliminate the need for transactions?

It's beginning to look like the DBM store may be my best option.

How much effort would it really take to store Zope pickles into
LDAP space? :)

- Ian C. Blenke <ian@blenke.com>
Wizdom - http://wizdom.blenke.com/