[Zope] Zope Components

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 07:42:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hello!

   Many times I saw a description of Zope: "Zope is free open-source web
application platform..." I want to add two words here: "component-based"
and "object-oriented". This sounds a little too buzzwords :) but I am pretty
sure this describes Zope nature.

   While we are on the subject... I use ZTemplates outside of Zope with a
great success. Tthere are a lot of documentation on how to use ZTemplates
with Python.
   There are docs on using ZODB, although the docs seems very complex at
first glance; may be it is because ZODB is really complex and powerful. In
any case I'd prefer to have (along with complex and detailed) somewhat
simpler docs with demos and examples.
   There are some words on using PCGI without Zope and with Python. PCGI
Publisher looks simple enough to not need complex docs.

   But what about Aquisition? I saw some docs on Aquisition on Zope site,
but cannot figure out how to use Aquisition with Python. Any help, any tip,
any example?

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru