[Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #475 - 56 msgs

Brian Takashi Hooper brian@garage.co.jp
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:46:47 +0900

Hi Andrew!

A. M. Kuchling wrote:
> Is there any support for timing SQL queries made by SQLMethods?  For
> optimizing a site, it's nice to turn on a logging mode, exercise the
> site a bit, and then look at a log of every query and the time it
> took; this lets you notice redundant queries (means you need some
> caching) or unusually slow queries (means you need an index or a table
> rethink).  Any suggestions on how I should implement this, if it's not
> already supported?
I just added Mr. Creosote to my DA to log all of the queries via UDP to
a loghost, with timestamps - this makes it easy to view the queries
as they happen even on another machine, you can also take a log if you
want.  Crude, but it's not bad.  Mr. Creosote is in the pcgi/ directory
of your Zope installation...

--Brian