[Zope] Can't get rid of ZGadfly in Add menu

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:54:43 +0200

At 11:42 27/10/99 , Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
>I have a ObjectManager/ZCatalog ZClass Searcher which can contain folders.
>I create a folder Test in an instance.
>
>/ -> Searcherinstance -> Test
>
>Both Test, Searcherinstance, and the root folder do not let Owners add
>ZGadfly objects, yet it shows up in the add menu of Test as an option for a
>Owner to add.
>
>Apparently the Searcher ZClass inherited the ZGadfly permission from either
>the FOlder or ZCatalog, I can't figure out why they're a default in either,
>but I still have set it to not allow it to Owners.
>
>Any ideas?

This is because the ZGadlfyDA product has yet to be updated to use the new
Product registration API. Products that do not use it, cannot be filtered
out of the Add list.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer