[Zope] Re: New Version of Zope RPMS Available

Karl Anderson kra@monkey.org
27 Oct 1999 13:40:42 -0700

"Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net> writes:

> I've upgraded my systems to Red Hat 6.1 and just this morning put up
> new RPMs for Zope that fix problems reported to me re RH 6.1.  They
> are Zope-2.0.1-*5*... and you can get them from:
>
>     http://starship.python.net/crew/jrush/Zope/Zope2.html

I'm still not able to start the server without setting a
ZSYSLOG_SERVER env variable and changing my syslog init script to
listen at the port.  I'm using redhat release 6.1-1.  Are you able to
run the server out of the box, and if so, any idea what the difference
is with my system?

> Correct and since I can't go changing your syslog settings from within
> an RPM, I removed the env var I had set in zserver.sh that caused it
> to log via syslog.

My zserver.sh (link to zserver_wo_pcgi.sh) still has the 'export
ZSYSLOG="anything" line, but I still get the problem if I just run the
"python z2.py" line from the command line without the ZSYSLOG_SERVER
env var.

No big deal once I knew what the problem was, but there should be a
mention about syslog -r in LOGGING.txt & maybe the faq.  I had to look
through the traceback, source, & syslogd man page to figure it out.

--
Karl Anderson      kra@monkey.org      <URL:http://www.pobox.com/~kra/>