[Zope] HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can froze zope

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:21:47 +0000

Gilles lavaux wrote:

> Has someone a solution to this?  Which is the faulty piece of code? the
> python SocketServer, the ZopeHttpServer?
> (NB: this problem occurt on Zope 1.10.3. This is working ok with Zope2; the
> only Pb is that the system we have developed here doesn't works on Zope2!)

Zope 1.x had problems with some connections which don't complete normally.  One
quite good workaround is to use Apache and PCGI, since Apache will protect Zope
from any connection irregularities and improve responsiveness.

Scenario 1:  Two users on slow links ask ZHttpServer for big pages.  One of
them blocks until the other is completely done (or they time out).

Scenario 2:  Two users on slow links ask Apache for big pages.  Apache gets
both pages from Zope at lightning speed and starts sending them.  Meanwhile,
Zope is ready for further requests.

Of course, none of this is a problem with Zope 2.x

Evan