[Zope] SiteAccess - Virtual Hosting

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:24:03 +0000

Evan Gibson wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 09:48:26PM -0700, Liz wrote:
> > Evan is to be applauded for the wonderful docs he provided with SiteAccess;

<bow>  Early adopters of SiteAccess may raise an eyebrow at this, though;  Before
v0.1.2 there were essentially no docs and everyone had to contact me to do
anything :-)

> Although
> > everything within the mysite folder is working correctly, I am immediately
> > placed into the mysite folder when I access Zope. This means I cannot see my
> > Zope root at all. Did I miss something somewhere?

You've told SiteAccess to host your entire site out of that folder, and that's
what it will do.  You need some way to spell 'this is a raw access URI'.

> <dtml-unless "REQUEST.path[0][:6]=='manage' or REQUEST.path[0][:3]=='add'">
>   <dtml-call "REQUEST.path.append('mysite')">
> </dtml-unless>

This is one way, making any management method a raw URI (although it really
should have "REQUEST.path and (... or ...)" to handle empty paths correctly, I
think).  Another would be to define an alternate subdomain name for raw access,
and test for that, or add a prefix such as 'Zope'.

Both of these methods are mentioned at the bottom of
http://zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess/vhosting

Evan Simpson