[Zope] Medusa performance - was: HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can frozezope

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:01:49 +0200

At 23:33 28-10-99 , John Glossner wrote:
> > --- Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com wrote: ---
> > Actually the strategy we are using with zope.org and Apache write now is
> > slower (PCGI) than what we're migrating to starting today (mod_fastcgi).
> >
>Actually, I guess the real intent of the question was how many pages/sec
>can a Medusa server handle versus Apache? At what point do you
>decide to cut over? I ask this out of ignorance.I have never
>worked with a high volume site. I just found it somewhat odd
>that zope runs off of Apache as the entrance to the site.

Medusa is faster, but cannot serve static pages next to Zope. Apache can.
That's the sole reason zope.org runs behind Apache.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer