[Zope] Medusa performance - was: HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can frozezope

Ethan Fremen mindlace@majordomo.net
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:42:41 +0100

Gilles lavaux wrote:

> What I dont understand with zope2 is why I have 7 process started: 'python
> z2.py -D' ?? If I understoud correctly medusa, it's running in a single
> process, so does it means that Zope use 1 medusa http sever + N (6??) 'zope
> process' to handle up to N (6?) requests simultanously?

You are (presumably) running linux, which assigns a pid to each thread.
Medusa is single-process multi-threaded.  You can specify in your start
file how many threads you want  ( -t #threads ) <- I think.

The default is 6, + the original process = 7.

--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility