[Zope] Changing generated url prefix for proxying... SERVER_URL?

bwarsaw@python.org bwarsaw@python.org
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks, Zope newbie here.

Anyway, I'm starting to get Zope running on the python.org domain and
I'm having a bit of a problem with the set up.

I've actually installed Zope 2.0.1 on a second machine (not
www.python.org, but called dinsdale.python.org).  On dinsdale I'm
using ZServer, and I've configured our primary Apache server to proxy
to Zope on dinsdale using Apache's mod_proxy.  This approach was
outlined by Tom Neff in an article available here:

http://x28.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=537412297&CONTEXT=941218408.1542586419&hitnum=0

Tom is using ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse to map Zope into the
primary Apache space.  Here are the specific directives I'm using:

ProxyPass        /Zope/ http://dinsdale.python.org:8080/
ProxyPassReverse /Zope/ http://dinsdale.python.org:8080/

Works great; if you visit http://www.python.org/Zope/ you'll see the
welcome screen.  http://www.python.org/Zope/manage gets you to the
management screen, through the proxy.

The problem is that all the URLs that Zope generates have a prefix
http://dinsdale.python.org:8080/ so all subsequent links bypass the
proxy on www.python.org.  Not what I want.

I found this article on zope.org:

http://www.zope.org/Members/dparker/dynamichostnames

Which seemed moderately related, so I tried setting the environment
variable SERVER_URL to http://www.python.org/Zope/ in my shell before
running the start script.  Didn't seem to help.

Has anybody else done this successfully?  Any recommendations will be
greatly appreciated.

-Barry