[Zope] ZODBCDA problem or ODBC problem?

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:45:30 -0500

Using Zope 2 with ZODBCA on NT 4.0 /IIS 4.0 via pcgi

The data is in Visual FoxPro tables on another NT server connected via 100mbit
ethernet. All the SQL statements except Create Table work fine.

When I use a Create Table statement, the table is created on the machine runnig
Zope and not the database machine.

If I then issue an SQL Insert statement it gives me an ODBC error stating the
file doesn't exist.

For example:
- I have an ZODBC connection to the \atidb\data directory on the database
machine.
- "create table test1 (name char(30), phone char(20))"  returns normally and
actually creates the test1 table in my Zope directory on the Zope machine
- "insert into test1 (name, phone) values ('Fred', '123-456-7890')" returns a
file doesn't exist ODBC error

Anybody got any ideas? Is this a ZODBCDA problem or an ODBCA problem?

             Jim Sanford
     ^       Database Engineer
    ^ ^  ^   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
   ^   ^     720 Oak Circle Drive East
  ^  ^  ^    Mobile, AL 36609
 ^ ^     ^   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
^         ^  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
             Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !