[Zope] Mail archiving

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
29 Oct 1999 17:26:24 -0500

The Dragon De Monsyne <dragondm@integral.org> writes:

> As the author/integrator of a good chunk of the MailMan webarchiving code,
> I will agree with you heartily. Static files are a pain.
>
> PS: I am actually in the middle of writing a Zope mailinglist archiver
> product called MessageBase.

I cannot use MailMan on my site because its interface is not
appropriate, but I would be extremely interested in Zope archiving
products.  Specifically, I use Listar, which can generate archives in
various formats including mbox or mh.  One of my frustrations with
many of the existing tools out there is that they are extremely poor
at dealing with large lists.  For instance, they may lump all the
posts together at once, which is terrible for a list that may have
tens of thousands of posts.  Or, they may introduce an artificial
barrier between months; again, this is terrible -- threads do not end
when the month does.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
  Remote from DFW airport