[Zope] MySQL and Zope

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:18:37 -0500

On 10/29/99 4:44 PM, Phil  Harris at phil@wigwamweb.net wrote:

> Gregor,
>
> IIRC ZMySQLda is no longer 'supported' as it is not thread safe, that said I
> use it in a multi thread environment and it seems OK for simple selections.

Actually, it has less to do with threading (which we could have fixed) and
more to do with the total lack of transactional symantics in MySQL. This is
a huge flaw from our perspective, though other people may be willing to
accept the risks.  Additionally, we have no customers using it, so no
resources dedicated to keeping it up.  We've been looking for someone in the
community to take it over and champion it.

Chris