[Zope] Setting object properties

Victor Ng v2ng@home.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:59:58 -0500 (CDT)

I think this is a general problem I'm having with Zope - but anyway...

I'm using the ZClasses Tutorial with the CDClass and I'm having
problems trying to set the properties of the object.  The result set gives
me the 'old' artist value that I used when I first added the myCD object.

<P>CD Info:</P>
<dtml-call "myCD.manage_changeProperties({'artist':'Victor Ng'})">
<dtml-with myCD>
	<P>Artist: <dtml-var artist></P>
	<P>Description: <dtml-var description html_quote newline_to_br></P>
</dtml-with>

More generally, is there a facility in Zope so that I can create variables
in the DTML document that are _not_ properties of the DTML document?   I
just want to create a temporary local variable that I can assign things
to, and then toss out.

Am I not understanding something here?  It seems like DTML scripts are
very limited in functionality - they just seem to 'read' the output of
ZSQL methods or Python methods.

Vic