[Zope] Setting object properties

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:05:15 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Ng <v2ng@home.com>
To: Kevin Dangoor <kid@kendermedia.com>
Cc: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 12:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Setting object properties

>On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
>
>> ><P>CD Info:</P>
>> ><dtml-call "myCD.manage_changeProperties({'artist':'Victor Ng'})">
>> ><dtml-with myCD>
>> > <P>Artist: <dtml-var artist></P>
>> > <P>Description: <dtml-var description html_quote newline_to_br></P>
>> ></dtml-with>
>>
>> This is normal. The new property value isn't really set until the whole
>> transaction has completed, which is after the DTML Method is done.
>
>Ok - but then shouldn't the new artist information be available the next
>time I view the page?  The same data keeps coming back over and over...
>
>The url is http://24.64.140.53:8080/cdtest

Interesting. The ZClass tutorial doesn't talk about it like this, but I've
found that I need to do this to change properties:
<dtml-call
"myCD.propertysheets.MyPropSheet.manage_changeProperties({'artist':'Victor
Ng'})">

I've cc'ed Amos on this in case the ZClass tutorial needs to be updated.
Just calling "ZClassInst.manage_changeProperties" hasn't worked for me...

Kevin