[Zope] (connection) Performance of webserver?

Evan Simpson evan@tokenexchange.com
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:58:08 -0500

I have a somewhat different question about ZServer performance vs.
Apache/pcgi.  Under 1.10.3, it seems that clients can bog down or even bring
down the Zope server (the deprecated old one, not ZServer).  A client with a
slow connection will hold the server's attention until they've managed to
load a whole page, and if you break the connection (by pushing Stop or
clicking a link on a partially loaded page) the server dies of a broken
pipe.  Apache/pcgi improves reliability hugely, by locally buffering Zope's
output and shielding it from connection issues.

I realize that ZServer is *far* more robust, with it's threaded Medusa base,
but is it as completely free of connection-related problems as an
Apache/pcgi/ZServer setup?

Evan "4am" Simpson