[Zope] Validate fields?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 11:46:23 +0200

Evan Simpson wrote:

> >From time to time I've thought about building an HtmlFormManager Product.
> Instances would allow you to specify the fields in your form, including type
> information, default presentation (input type, CSS class, etc.), validation,
> error handling, etc.
>
> It could have methods to auto-generate form input tags, a JScript
> client-side validation function, etc.  Adding DTML Methods to it to define
> alternate forms would be easy.
>
> This is in the middle of my Ample Free Time to-do stack.

After I got my XML based authoring system whipped into basic shape, I'm
planning to actually work on ZFormulator (or whatever we'll call it).
This'll do somethingl ike that, including also SQL statement generation.
I expect I'll start with this next month or so. :) (I also got some
simplistic prototype ZClass working that does at least server side
validation, and I had someone figure out some client side javascript
validation, so the pieces are falling into place)

Anyway, anyone who wants to help then will be very welcome. :)

Regards,

Martijn