[Zope] Importing existing flatfile web?

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:45:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Steen Suder wrote:

> We have here a little web that would be nice to just import to our brand
> new Zope 2.0 heaven.
> It's plain html files from a standard Apache system.
>
> I've tried Import, but that's obviously for exported objects, not plain
> files.
> I've also been at the Add file feature, but that just adds the file...
> as a file. I should have been as an object as I understand it.
Well, there are basically four ways:
1.) use fsimport.py
2.) use the demo supplied with ZClient, that does the same as a client
    program.
3.) use ZServer, and FTP access to mirror it with an existing FTP program.
4.) wait 24-48h, I should have an tool ready to do the feat.
    (Well, at the moment the status for my a bit ambitious website
     copying tool is:
     - I'm lacking an argument parser.
     - I've got only filesystem input and output classes.
       No problem if the class design is sound. Huge trouble if not.
     - At the moment it only uses the HREF and SRC attributes of A and
       IMG. Background images etc. should be trivial. Javascript
       referenced images are not. Sorry, no concept for this at the
       moment.
     - It did work on some fairly complex internal websites here, but
       YMMV.
    )

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256