[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] ts_regex.py broken in Z2.0 final? was [Zope] Announce: Confera 1.3.1

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:50:53 -0400 (EDT)

Andreas Kostyrka writes:
>Actually, the fix I've did, I understand, I've switched from the old
>regsub to the threadsafe regex module. Now this, I don't understand, it
>seems like the ts_regex.py is broken for gsub.

It is broken. ts_regex is a hack, and Squishdot should be using the re
module instead.  I posted a patch to the Squishdot list that made it
use re; check the archive at www.egroups.com/group/squishdot/ and look
for my posting.

This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.
    -- Terry Pratchett, in alt.fan.pratchett