[Zope] Searching through the ZODB

Kuraiken arashi1@pd.jaring.my
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 10:54:56 +0800

In the FAQ on the ZDP site:
-------------
How do I search a Zope site?

[FIXME: there are also other ways to search the Zope object database, which
should be mentioned here.]
-------------

There does not seem to be anywhere else that mentions searching.

Here's what I've done:
Following the ZClasses tutorial, I now have the CD class and also have a few
"myCD"s in a folder. (I'm thinking of making a container object (say,
"myCDcollection") and stuffing the CDs in there.

Here's the "problem". How do I make searches on the container for a certain
object with a certain property?

eg.
myCD1
  title: foo
  artist: mac

myCD2
  title: bar
  artist: pc

myCD3
  title: grok
  artist: sparc

myCD4
  title: hack
  artist: sparc

Now, how do I make a search for a CD with title "bar" in container
"myCDcollection"?
And if I wanted to display all CDs with artist "sparc"?
Is there something _really_ simple I've overlooked?

Thanks in advance...
Kuraiken - Python fanatic.
Python. Try it. It'll swallow you whole!