[Zope] Another Question

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
03 Sep 1999 12:23:00 -0500

OK, another newbie question.  I have searched through the
documentation but can't find any help...

I want to have a list of upcoming (or even previous) events.  Each
item in this list should have a date, a title, a URL for more
information, and a description.  In the OO form of thinking, there
should be an Events object, and if I were in a C or Perl mindset, I
would think of an array of Events objects.

How can I do this in Zope?  I'd like to, for instance, have an Events
page that can display details about all the upcoming events.  Or, a
quick summary to put on a main page that would display only the title
and use the URL as a link.

I thought about putting a bunch of separate documents in a folder, but
-- I can't access that from its siblings.  Ie, if I have a folder
named ACLUG/Events, I can't access it from ACLUG/Info (apparently?).
Also, I'd have to know all the names.  And, that still doesn't let me
write some quick script to go through there and pick out only upcoming
events or some such thing.  Is a Gadfly thing useful here?  I couldn't
find a reference on that either (just a brief tutorial).

Suggestions are welcome!

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |