[Zope] Many Zope questions

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
03 Sep 1999 13:26:04 -0500

Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> writes:

> Did you read the DTML Documents vs. DTML Methods How-To?
>
> http://www.zope.org:18200/Members/michel/HowTos/DTMLMethodsandDocsHowTo

I can't connec tto that server (seems to be down).  I was looking on
www.zope.org, though, and didn't see that howto.

> > How do I do virtual hosting with Zope?  For instance, let's
> > say I have
> > 5 websites, each with different domain names, but hosted on the same
> > machine.  Right now, I've got Zope's special server going (not using
> > the Apache tie-in).  Do I need to use the Apache tie-in, and if so,
> > does this have a negative impact on performance?
> >

> Run five Zope instances through 5 Apache rewrite rules.  There are
> unsupported patches to allow multiple zope processess to share the same
> base of software, but I don't know about them.

What if I run Zope with its own server, not through Apache?

How do the rewrite rules impact accessing things like /manage?

Thanks,
John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 99,663,220th prime number is 2,030,858,171.